Is it Christmas light season already?September 30, 2015
How Much Does Holiday Lighting Installation Cost?October 8, 2015
A beautiful pond is what every pond owner wants to achieve. In order to make sure your pond and fish are properly taken care of for winter there are a few things that need to be done so your pond can have a successful start in spring.
- The pump needs to be disconnected and stored inside for the winter (the pump should be stored on a shelf and does not need to be stored in a bucket of water)
- Plants need to be trimmed back
- Aeration system installed on the first or second pond shelf (the aerator should be around 12 inches below water)
- Discontinue feeding fish when water temperature hits 50 degrees
- Install Pond Heater (pond heater should be installed next to the bubbles where the aerator is)
- Net should be installed in late September or beginning of October to make sure leaves do not overtake the pond (net can be removed after leaves have fallen)
- Pond should be cleaned before winter, including cleaning of the skimmers and biofalls
This is just a quick list to follow to make sure your pond is cleaned and ready for winter.
For anymore helpful information or questions please call 269-694-1331